Privacy Warranties & Disclaimers
We respect your personal information and your privacy is important to us. GD is committed to maintaining the highest standards to protect your personal information.
In order to provide you with the best service we may ask you to provide us with personal information from time to time.
OPERATION OF OUR POLICY
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information that GD may collect and hold includes (but is not limited to):
• full name;
• mailing or street address;
• email address;
• telephone number;
• date of birth;
• your health information, lifestyle, occupation and hobbies;
• your employer;
• details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
• any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our Website or indirectly through use of our Website or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise; and
• information you provide to us through our customer support team.
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect aggregated information about how users use our Website.
GD will collect personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. We will only ask you to provide information that is relevant to the service or product that you have requested or to enable us to respond to your enquiry.
When collecting personal information from you, we may collect it at various stages, including:
• when you contact GD over the phone;
• when you contact us via our social media pages (including Facebook, Twitter or Instagram);
• when you enter a competition;
• when you complete a purchase order for GD;
• when you contact us with an enquiry or complaint in relation to our products and services;
• when authorised people provide us with your personal information on your behalf;
• through your access and use of our Website; and
• when you apply for a job with us.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including data analysis agencies.
COLLECTION OF ANONYMOUS INFORMATION
In order to measure the success of our online advertising we use pixels, or transparent GIF files, to establish which of our online adverts successfully bring people to our Website. The GIF files are provided by third parties who provide us with online advertising analysis. This system places a cookie on your browser when you enter our Website via online advertisements allowing us to see which online advertisements bring us the most visitors to our Website. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can change your browser to reject them. It is still possible to access our Website without having cookies enabled.
The information collected on our behalf is anonymous and does not personally identify you, which, for statistical purposes includes:
• your server address;
• your top level domain name (e.g. .com, .gov, .au, etc.)
• the date, time and length of your visit to the Website;
• the pages you accessed;
• the previous website you visited;
• the type of browser you are using; and
• the protocol version used (e.g. HTTP, FTP).
Where possible, GD will give you the option of not identifying yourself or of using a pseudonym. GD may not always be able to interact with you in this manner, especially where it is required by law to identify you before providing certain information. In general, GD will not be able to assist you anonymously or where you are using a pseudonym when:
• it is impractical; or
• we are required or authorised by law or a court/tribunal order to deal with you personally.
PURPOSES FOR COLLECTING, HOLDING, USING AND DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
GD may use personal information about you so that we can provide you with the most appropriate dental health care services, and to provide you with a high quality of customer service.
We also collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
• to provide products and services to you and to send communications to you;
• to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
• to advise you if we relocate;
• to advise you if our store or business has merged, rebranded, relocated or closed;
• to assess the performance of the Website and to improve the operation of the Website;
• to assess our customer service and to improve our customer service to you;
• to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
• for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing and marketing research), planning, product or service development, quality control, human resources, educational and research purposes of GD, its related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
• to provide your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
• to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
• to process and respond to any complaint or enquiry made by you; and
• to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country.
GD may contact you regarding anything set out in the above by e-mail, post or telephone.
GD will not use your personal information for any purpose for which you would not reasonably expect us to use your personal information. Additionally, GD will not disclose your sensitive information without your consent, unless there is a need to disclose such information in accordance with the Privacy Act or to comply with any other regulatory requirement.
GD will immediately remove your personal information from its database if requested by you. GD will do this in accordance with their policy on destroying personal information (see Destruction of Information), in order to keep your information secure.
By accepting the Terms and Conditions of this Website and providing us with your personal information, you consent to us sending you direct marketing communications by any of the methods listed above (see Purposes for Collecting, Holding, Using and Disclosing your Personal Information). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see contact details below) or by using opt out facilities provided in the marketing communications, and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
Please note that by opting out of receiving marketing communications, you may still receive communications from us (such as invoices and notices) in relation to the products and services you have purchased from us.